This week, we're sharing some last-minute gift ideas for the sewists and knitters in your life (or perhaps a little holiday present for yourself too!). We think these thoughtful items would bring a little joy to anyone's latest project or home. Plus, many items come from other Canadian small businesses!
Clockwise from top left: Do More of What Makes you Happy Jumbo Journal from Ecojot; Midnight Edition Fabric Shears from LDH Scissors; Learn to Sew Clothing online class from Closet Core Patterns; I Made It digital art print from ThatsPrettyMajor; Mistakes Happen digital art print from ThatsPrettyMajor; and Sienna Winter Dress PDF pattern from Atelier Jupe.
(1) A pretty journal for planning sewing projects. Toronto-based Ecojot's journals are so bright and cheerful!
(2) A fantastic pair of fabric shears for dressmaking adventures. We especially love Toronto-based LDH Scissors' high-quality and affordable fabric shears.
(3) An online sewing class. Closet Core Patterns' Learn to Sew Clothing is a comprehensive course for beginner dressmakers or those looking to brush up on their skills. They also offer online courses for learning to sew blazers, jeans, and swimsuits.
(4) A lovely art print for their sewing studio. We think ThatsPrettyMajor's digital art prints are so fun!
(5) A new sewing pattern. Belgium-based Atelier Jupe offers a range of beautiful patterns for ladies' wear. We love their new Sienna Winter Dress.
Clockwise from top left: Gingerbread House enamel pin from The Penny Paper Co.; Knitted Lady art print from wareki; Forage Project Bag with Handles from Bookhou; Have you any Wool Project Bag from Firefly Notes; Tiny Tree Holiday Stitch Marker from Firefly Notes; Bead Ring Stitch Markers from Thread & Maple; 52 Weeks of Socks book from Laine; and Dragon & Phoenix Imperial Scissors from LDH Scissors.
(1) A cute enamel pin for their project bag. We love Toronto-based The Penny Paper Co.'s selection of holiday and everyday pins!
(2) A knitting-themed art print for their cozy knitting space or home. UK-based wareki's illustrations are lovely.
(3) A gorgeous project bag to help keep their knitting in order. We're especially fond of Toronto-based Bookhou's stunning handmade project bags. And BC-based Firefly Notes' Have you any wool? bag is perfect for toting around projects.
(4) Fun and festive stitch markers for their holiday projects, such as Firefly Notes' holiday-themed stitch markers or Toronto- and Montreal-based Thread & Maple's bead ring stitch markers, which are handmade in Japan.
(5) A beautiful book. Laine Magazine's 52 Weeks of Socks would be a lovely addition to any knitters' bookshelf.
(6) A gorgeous yet practical pair of scissors. We're partial to Toronto-based LDH Scissors' Dragon & Phoenix imperial scissors, which are super sharp and are lovely to display too!